✨⚡️ A big thank-you to all those who joined us at the Independent Label Market on Saturday. We had a great day seeing you all.⚡️✨
Ahead of the fair – Our Katherine did a HEAVENLY RECORDINGS take-over on Soho Radio. She played a series of Heavenly’s 2019 releases as well as a whole bunch of other tunes.
“I love these tracks from Big Thief, CHLOBOCOP, Saint Etienne, Christine and the Queens, Mattiel INFLAGRANTI and more that made my debut radio show a joy.”
🔊 LISTEN BACK TO THE SHOW HERE
🎵Accompanying playlist here
📸 – Rowan Allen.
We have signed this petition alongside many of our fellow record labels and friends declaring a climate and ecological.
The declaration states:
- We call on governments and media institutions to tell the truth about the climate and ecological emergency.
- We call on governments to act now to reverse biodiversity loss and reach net zero greenhouse gas emissions by no later than 2030.
- We recognise that the emergency has arisen from global injustices and will work towards systemic change to protect life on Earth.
- We acknowledge the environmental impact of music industry practices and commit to taking urgent action.
- Jointly support one another, sharing expertise as a collective industry and community.
- Speak up and out about the climate and ecological emergency.
- Work towards making our businesses ecologically sustainable and regenerative.
SIGN THE DECLARATION HERE
Don’t miss this Heavenly double bill of The Orielles and Working Mens Club, as part of Manchester International Festival’s Festival Square program, curated by Dave Haslam.
It takes place next Monday, July 15th, with Working Men’s Club on at 8, and is completely free. No tickets required, just show up!
After that everyone will be heading to Yes for an afterparty courtesy of Hot Singles Club, where both bands will be spinning records til late. Also free entry!
We’re jealous we can’t be there.
This Thursday we’ll be celebrating Independents Day with AIM (Association of Independent Music), getting behind the decks with our friends from Secretly Group (Secretly Canadian, Jagjaguwar and Dead Oceans) at our favourite independent venue The Social.
This time you’ll be treated to the treasure trove record collections of our Daisy and Danny, bringing an eclectic selection of tunes with the common theme of keeping you dancing.
Tickets are free and can be secured here.
Our pals Rough Trade Books have announced their fourth series of pamphlets and will be throwing a party to celebrate their release on July 22nd!
Taking place at The Social in London, the event will feature readings and discussions from each of the fourth series’ authors, plus special guests.
André Naffis-Sahely and Patrick Jones will be reading their poetry, Emma Warren will be in conversation with Will Burns alongside Ahnansé from Steam Down, and Ren Aldridge (of Petrol Girls) will be in conversation with poet and Rough Trade Editions author Charlotte Newman.
Rough Trade Books have also invited poetry collective 4 Brown Girls Who Write to read, and to top it off will be a DJ set from “cult sportswear bootlegging hero” Jonny Sportsbanger.
You’ll really have to be there. Grab a ticket here via DICE or eventbrite.
🌟 Colossal line-up by The Social for this years Stonebridge Bar 2019 🌟
We can’t wait to be back in our favourite after hours Glastonbury tent.
Artwork by Caio Wheelhouse